Saturday, October 10, 2015

Book Review: Cluttered Attic Secrets

Cluttered Attic Secrets is written by Jan Christensen, a new to me author of cozy mysteries.  The book started off strong and had a good flow throughout.  The story opens with friends Tina and Leslie investigating a possible haunting in Leslie's home.  The story takes a more sinister turn when a murder occurs.  The book has a touch of romance but not so much that it turned me off.  (I am not a fan of romance novels at all.

The plot kept me wanting to read just a few more pages.  The support characters added to the story rather than causing confusion which is often a fine line.  Once again I did not realize that this was not the first book in the series until after reading it.  Cluttered Attic Secrets stands well on its own.

My only criticism of the book is the sprinkling of minor errors throughout.  Perhaps this was due to the ebook copy that I received and was resolved in final editing.  While the errors did jump out at me, I was not annoyed to the point I wanted to quit reading.

disclosure:  I received this e-book through NetGalley but was not otherwise compensated for this review.  All opinions are my own!

No comments: