Monday, October 5, 2015

Holiday Grand Plan: Week 6 and Last Week's Recap

This week I will start with a recap.  Let me say if you are building a new house, do not plan to do much else.  I did not get any extra cleaning done.  I had to go into town three days - standing volunteer work, errands (mainly for the new house), and work.  The last meant extra money which is good.  My craft room is a disaster so I did no work on the Christmas cards.  The weather was wet all week so no work in the yard.  (My prayers go out to the flood victims, and I am thankful it was only damp and a minor disruption here.)  I never made it to the church to do work on the shoebox stuff.  Finally I gave up on doing the felt paper dolls this year.  They became more of a dreaded chore than a lovingly crafted gift.  I will plan to do them for next Christmas.

I have given myself permission to accept that things are not always going to go as planned.  Building the house is a once in a lifetime adventure.  For this season of my life, I will do what I can and let the rest go!

That does not mean that I do not have plans for the coming week and for the Holiday Grand Plan.  Here is a link to the official list for Week Six.  The good thing for me is that I have no kid's room to clean so I can try for a bit of catch up.

Cleaning
I am going to try again to clean the master bathroom.  If I can get the cabinet decluttered and the bathtub/shower scrubbed, I will be thrilled!

Holiday Prep
I hope to clean off my craft room table enough to work on Christmas cards.  I now need to keep an eye out for six little girl gifts.

Crafts
It is a relief to not have to think about the felt dolls.  I am back to crocheting the baby blanket which will be a Christmas gift.  I am about 1/5 of the way done.

Other
Depending on the weather, I hope to work in the yard.  My other plan is to haul boxes of items to the church for a yard sale at the end of the month.  I am donating the items just to get them out of the way.  I also want to move all of the Operation Christmas Child stuff to the church.

No comments: