Wednesday, December 7, 2016

My Latest Favorite Cookbook

When I was searching for a cake to make for Thanksgiving, I stumbled across a recipe for a Maple Streusel Pumpkin cake.  It looked beautiful and seemed simple enough.  I knew when I mixed the batter that the cake was going to be good.  I had no idea just how good.  It was moist, sweet but not too sweet, and delicious.


The recipe is from the book Simply Beautiful Homemade Cakes by Lindsay Conchar of the blog Life, Love and Sugar.  I knew when I made the cake that I wanted the cookbook.  Now that I have the cookbook, I want to bake my way through the entire thing.

I also made a banana pudding cake that seems to be all the rage right now.  The problem is that the cake layers are awful.  I turned to Live, Love, and Sugar for a banana cake recipe.  I made it into three layers filled with a whipped cream/vanilla pudding mixture and sliced bananas.  I covered the outside with stabilized whipped cream and vanilla wafer.  The revised cake was so much better than the first.


I highly recommend both the blog and the cookbook for great dessert recipes (disclosure:  I purchased the cookbook myself.  Lindsay has no idea who I am.  I just love her recipes.)  My only problem is deciding what to bake next!

1 comment:

Rhonda said...

Your cakes are beautiful, Dawn. I've never heard of banana pudding cake.