Saturday, December 17, 2016

Weekend Book Review: Pot Luck

Pot Luck by Kendel Lynn is book four in the Elliot Lisbon Mystery series.  I had not read any of the previous books.  After reading this one, the other three are on my wish list.  Elliot is a great southern character with a touch of OCD and a start on her PI license.  This book is set around St. Patrick's Day and the Pot of Gold cook-off.  A chef turns up dead, and it is up to Elliot to solve the mystery.  At the same time she is the temporary caretaker for two rambunctious pugs - Colonel Mustard and Mrs. White.  This is a fun book.  I enjoyed the bit of humor along with the mystery.  It was also nice to see both sides of a coastal beach town from million dollar condos to the trailer park.  I enjoyed the honesty in both the characters and the setting.

disclosure:  I received this ebook from NetGalley but was not otherwise compensated for this review.  All opinions are my own!

No comments: