Friday, December 30, 2016

Pantry Challenge Day 2

Day two went much smoother.  I stayed home for the most part so it was easier to stick to the pantry for our food.  I apologize for the poor lighting in the pictures.  The sun has been hiding here all week.

Breakfast - W ate cereal.  I had a piece of toast with Nutella, grapes, and coffee.


Dinner was pineapple sandwiches and chips.  I think pineapple sandwiches are a southern thing.  I had cut up a fresh pineapple which we will snack on for several days.  It was delicious on slices of homemade bread with mayonnaise though.

Supper was stew beef with potatoes, carrots, onions, and celery cooked in the slow cooker.  I made corn bread to go with it.  W like the Jiffy Mix style cornbread.  I prefer to make it from scratch.  A few simple ingredients yield the same sweet cornbread.


I can tell that the pantry challenge is getting me back into the habit of meal planning as well.  This weekend I plan to go digging into the refrigerator freezer to see what needs to be used up from there.

1 comment:

Rhonda said...

Pineapple sandwiches are new to me.
I'm intending to do a much better job of meal planning too. I looked at my list first thing this morning and decided on a supper menu and set out the meat to thaw,
We can do it!

I know you are still missing Leo. It is just hard. When my brother lost his much loved Dodger, he had to get another puppy within the week. It took us 4 years. Everyone handles it differently. You'll get through it but I know what a sad time it is.