Sunday, February 11, 2018

Weekend Book Reviews

https://www.amazon.com/Murder-Borrowed-Wedding-Planner-Mystery-ebook/dp/B0725F8BYD/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1518219382&sr=1-1&keywords=murder+borrowed+murder+blueMurder Borrowed, Murder Blue by Stephanie Blackmoore is the third book in the Wedding Planner Mystery series.  I have read the previous books, but it is not necessary to enjoy this one.  Mallory's wedding planning business and bed & breakfast is doing well.  Now she has the chance to plan a wedding for actress Dakota on a reality television show.  She also got coerced into hosting the Winter Ball for a nearby girls' boarding school right before the big wedding.  When a body is discovered at the ball, Mallory adds solving a mystery to her project list.  I adore this series.  Mallory is a great lead character, and the supporting characters (human and animal) only add to the charm of this series.  I enjoyed all of the twists and turns of the mystery and am already looking forward to the next book.



Niki Jabbour's Veggie Garden Remix by Niki Jabbour shares 224 new plants to add to your garden.  I am always on the lookout for something new - as in no one else I know is growing it - to include in my garden.  I loved that the author took plants you probably already grow and gave you options related to them.  I was happy to see some of my favorites included such as tomatillos, fish pepper, and cucamelons.  I was excited to find some new varieties of eggplant and spinach to try.  I got some good information on growing tomatillos which should increase my success.  This is a wonderful book for any gardener that likes to grow outside the box.

disclosure:  I received these e-books through NetGalley but was not otherwise compensated for these reviews.  All opinions are my own!

No comments: