Monday, February 5, 2018

Weekly Goals Update: Week 5

1.  Disaster Preparedness
Week 5 is pet care.  My focus is on having the supplies that I need to care for them as we are more likely to be stranded than need to evacuate.  I make sure to keep extra food on hand as well as water.  For the outside animals we have a water barrel that stays full of water.  The garden almost always has something for the chickens and rabbits to eat. 


2.  Makeover the Garden
I did not work on the garden this past week.  I expect very little will get done outside until March.  I did order the first set of herb seeds that I need. 


3.  Organize Recipes
I went through the appetizer, bread and side dish sections of my recipe books.  I want to work on a couple more sections this week.  My long term plans are to sort through my cookbooks and add any frequently used recipes to my binders so they are easier to find. 


4.  Have 13 No Spend Grocery Weeks
I did go grocery shopping this past week.  I do plan to skip grocery shopping at least one week this month.


5.  Focus on Saving
I used a coupon this past week to get a deal on treats for Toby.  We continued to go to two grocery stores in order to get the best deals.  I used some Amazon coupons to get a few deals that were better than anything available in local stores. 


6.  Have Fun
I am trying to remember if I did anything particularly fun this past week.  I guess I will just have to do better this week!

1 comment:

Out My window said...

I need to have a focus on having fun, I often miss that.