Tuesday, February 20, 2018

Weekly Goals Update: Week 7

1.  Disaster Preparedness
Terri made a great point on last week's post regarding this.  She pointed out that I could prepare for evacuees.  During the last hurricane while we did not host evacuees we did provide food and shower facilities for people who did not yet have power.  Week 7 was all about home security.  We do have security measures in place, but I will not be sharing those.  Take a few minutes to read the suggestions.  I like to think about home security on a daily basis too.  Living out in the country we not see the quickest response time to emergencies. 


2.  Makeover the Garden
I still need W to secure the garden area so Toby and I can work in there.  I did decide to grow some potatoes in containers.  I need to pick the seed potatoes up this week.  We have cleaning the shared garden so my parents can plant some potatoes there.  The rabbits and chickens are getting plenty of goodies.  The broccoli has flowered, but it is staying for now since the bees are thrilled to find some blossoms.


3.  Organize Recipes
The weather was too pretty this week to stay in - highs near 80 are unusual for February.  I am not complaining though.  I will save this for a day when the weather is not as nice.


4.  Have 13 No Spend Grocery Weeks
I did not have one this month, but I have marked two off the goal already.  I am sure we will have more this summer when the garden is producing.


5.  Focus on Saving
I talked myself out of buying some wants that were not needs.  I opted to look at long term goals rather than short term wants.


6.  Have Fun
I spent some time this week just hanging out in the yard.  I was not working all of the time.  Toby loved just sitting in the yard and rolling in the grass too.

1 comment:

terricheney said...

I'm with you on the fun thing. I went out and sat on the porch one afternoon and just listened to the birds and enjoyed that southern breeze. It was lovely!