Monday, February 12, 2018

Weekly Goals Update: Week 6

1.  Disaster Preparedness
I struggled with week six which is evacuation preparedness.  The area where I live is normally where people evacuate so I have no idea where we could go.  I ended up not doing much at all with this.  I am more focused on being prepared to stay at home.


2.  Makeover the Garden
This past week Toby and I cleaned out the bee garden.  I was surprised to see that many of the flowers have already started to sprout back out.  This area of the garden should just need maintenance.  I purposely chose flowers that would self-seed and regrow each year.


3.  Organize Recipes
I went through a few more cookbooks this past week to determine if they were worth keeping or not.  This week is supposed to be rainy so I plan to go through at least one section of my personal recipe books.


4.  Have 13 No Spend Grocery Weeks
We made a trip to a store we rarely shop at to stock up on W's juice and fruit cups.  I already have a list made for this week so I my no spend week will be later in the month.


5.  Focus on Saving
I mentioned in my Frugal Friday post that I seriously priced toilet paper last week.  While it was not an enormous one time saving over time little bits add up to a large amounts.  It pays to know what a good stock up price for your area is.  The toilet paper scenario is a good example of what I want to do this year.  It is all about the little things.


6.  Have Fun
I know raking in the yard is not most people's idea of fun, but I loved it.  That was the highlight of my week.

2 comments:

wolfek said...

I still get to enjoy the daffodils my grandmother planted 65 years ago. Her wisteria is a different story. It has taken over the area where her house was. Watch the pennies and the dollars will take care of themselves.

terricheney said...

Dawn something you might consider instead of evacuating is being prepared for evacuees. You'll remember last September when the hurricane came up east coast of Florida that is the situation I found myself in. I took notes following that incident to help prepare me for next time.