Friday, August 17, 2018

Five Frugal Things

It has been a busy week, but the end of the project is in sight.  I will definitely give myself more time for something this big in the future.  Oh, well,  live and learn.

1.  I stuck to my grocery budget this week and have no intention of buying groceries at all next week.  I did make bread and a big batch of refried beans.  I am working to fill the freezer with homemade convenience foods. 

2.  I swapped laundry pods which just do not dissolve in my washing machine for some liquid detergent that my mom had. 

3.  We learned that we could dispose of large trash items by calling ahead of our regular trash pickup date.  We were able to get rid of the toilet from our old house.  I also filled up our regular trash can with items from around the yard this week.  There is a minimum fee for hauling things to the land field so this was a big savings.

4.  While working on the project, I watched free movies on the Roku.  There are several channels that offer free movies and shows.

5.  I gave Toby a bath.  He really loves baths as long as the water is warm so it is not a difficult chore.  It saves over taking him to a groomer which is an hour round trip from where we live. 

1 comment:

Rhonda said...

Good morning,
I wish Ducky loved the bath too. He does tolerate them now but he for sure doesn’t like them. It is a huge money saver over the dog spa though.