Monday, August 20, 2018

Weekly Goals Update: Week 33

I did finish "the project" so stop by again tomorrow to see it.  I am hoping (fingers crossed) that this will be a calmer week.  Right now I do not know of anything out of the ordinary going on.  I have plenty to work on though.  My hip is improved, but I do have an appointment with the chiropractor this week. 


1.  Disaster Preparedness
Week 33 was essential fats and oils.  Being a good Southerner, I have plenty of fats and oils on hand.  That includes a large container of Crisco in the pantry at all times.  This was a trickier stock up week.  I am thinking more along the lines of a hurricane or ice storm than the zombie apocalypse when it comes to disaster preparedness.


2.  Makeover the Garden
I have realized that next year I need to seriously scale back how much I plant in each raised bed.  I have one set of fruit trees left to weed this week.  Unfortunately hornworms got into my tomatoes last week and did quite a bit of damage.  I got the last laugh when the chickens gobbled up the worms.  I hope to do some maintenance work in the main garden too.


3.  Organize Recipes
We enjoyed the new recipes I cooked this past week.  I am planning to continue to try more of the ones I have saved and more from some cookbooks. 


4.  Have 13 No Spend Grocery Weeks
I plan to stay out of the grocery store this week.  Even though the grocery store was out of several things on last week's list, I feel certain we can get by.  So far this year, my total is nine.


5.  Focus on Saving
I am planning to stick close to home this week and work on cleaning up the yard and my craft room.  Both are in serious need of attention.


6.  Etsy Store
I am hoping to work on a few more crochet items to add to my Etsy store this week.  If all goes well, that is.



No comments: