Monday, August 13, 2018

Weekly Goals Update: Week 32

I apologize for the lack of posts last week.  My wish for a normal quieter week did not happen.  I tweaked my hip one day last week and was in pain for a few days.  Our neighbor's sister passed away.  That meant cooking and an extra long day at church yesterday for the funeral.  Plus I decided to work on a big project...




I hope to have it finished by Friday and will share it next week.  It is to be a gift for our pastor at pastor appreciation day on Sunday.  Last week I thought finishing it in time would be hopeless, but I am feeling more confident now.


1.  Disaster Preparedness
Week 32 was a second food supply list.  I am actually trying to use up some things so I can restock as cooler weather approaches.  I have not done much with the list.  I do keep a decent stockpile so I am not going to worry about this for the time being.


2.  Makeover the Garden
I did start clearing out some of the dead plants.  I think it is still a bit early to plant fall seeds.  I will wait until later in the month.  On the list for this week is weeding around the fruit trees again.


3.  Organize Recipes
I went through a couple of cookbooks and noted recipes to try over the next two weeks.  W will eat more foods than he used to eat so I am branching out and trying new foods.  I think it will help menu planning if I have a bigger list to draw from each season.


4.  Have 13 No Spend Grocery Weeks
I did not go to the grocery store last week.  We ate what we had on hand.  I was even able to cook the requested items for the dinner following the funeral with what I had in the pantry.


5.  Focus on Saving
Staying out of the grocery store helped this goal.  I also did the usual - drying clothes outside and turning off lights when we left a room.  I watched some free movies through Vudu while working on my project.


6.  Etsy Store
The project kept me busy all week, but I am hoping it will lead to some custom orders in the future.


I hope to make a bit of time to post this week.  If not please know I am busy and will get back to it next week!

2 comments:

Rhonda said...

I’m sorry about your hip and hope it is better and doesn’t hurt again.
That is wonderful you ahead enough on hand for funeral.

I am rethinking our pantry as our daily will be different with all the grands in school. I still want to keep a stocked pantry but it’s hsrd to know much is reasonable.

Out My window said...

I can so relate to the hip pain!