Sunday, August 19, 2018

Weekend Book Reviews

Crochet Animal Rugs by Ira Rott features crochet patterns not just for rugs but also for an assortment of matching accessories.  The book includes both row by row directions and charts.  The in progress pictures included are helpful to see how the finished projects go together.  The pictures of the finished projects make me want to do every project included in the book.  It is hard to choose a favorite, but I am partial to Sassy the Kitty Cat.  The projects are rated by skill level which is helpful for new crocheters.  Any of the projects included would make a wonderful gift for the children in your life!

Stephanie L Tourles is the author of Stephanie Tourles's Essential Oils:  A Beginner's Guide.  The book covers a variety of essential oils and includes recipes using them.  The recipes are easy to follow and very useful.  I appreciated that the recipes make use of common essential oils.  Being able to purchase 11 or so to mix and match in the recipes is wonderful for anyone who wants natural remedies without breaking the bank.  I also like the safety information included for each essential oil profiled.  With recipes for everything from sore muscle bath salts to a foot gel for colds and flu, the book is well worth the price.  I will be adding it to my library of natural remedy books.

Engineering for Cats by Mac Delaney feature 10 projects for the felines in your life.  My favorite is the drinking fountain although the cat treat slot machine is a close second.  While all of the projects are fun and useful, I do think they are geared toward people with advance DIY skills.  Each project features a detailed supply list and instructions.  If you are interested in building some clever cat items, this is the book for you!

disclosure:  I received these e-books through NetGalley but was not otherwise compensated for these reviews.  All opinions are my own!


No comments: