Wednesday, August 22, 2018

The Project

*I apologize that this did not show up yesterday.  I scheduled it but never clicked on publish.*

I wanted to do a gift for pastor appreciation day and also wanted something that could double as a decoration for the social hall during the dinner.  I had the great idea of making an afghan.  I found the pattern on Etsy.  I ordered the yarn from Amazon and gave myself two weeks to make it.  I really should have thought of this idea one or two weeks ahead of my two week deadline.  The pattern was well written, but I felt like I spent every spare minute working on it. 


Our pastor was very happy with it, and it made a nice decoration.  Next time I decide to do a large afghan, I will give myself at least three weeks to finish it.  It was a nice accomplishment since I have never crocheted anything so large.  It gives me the courage to try more challenging things!

No comments: