Monday, August 27, 2018

Weekly Goals Update: Week 34

1. Disaster Preparedness
Week 34 was all about dried beans.  I am surprised at the people who are not fond of cooking dried beans.  Not only are they good to have on hand for emergencies, but they are very frugal and healthy.  My favorite way to cook them is in the crock pot.  Sometimes I presoak them, and sometimes I do not.  It just depends. 


2.  Makeover the Garden
I am still cleaning out some areas for fall planting.  It is just too hot right now to think about planting any fall crops.


3.  Organize Recipes
I cleaned out more digital recipes this past week and chose some new recipes to try during September.


4.  Have 13 No Spend Grocery Weeks
I knocked another no spend grocery week out last week.  That brings my total to 10 weeks so far this year.  I am planning a big shop this week that should mostly stock us up for September.  If all goes well, I can get another couple of weeks crossed off next month.


5.  Focus on Saving
My plan for September is to make do with what we have.  I am bartering with a neighbor for a fall decoration.  I am sure we will have some necessary purchases, but I am planning to limit spending as much as possible.


6.  Etsy Store
My plan is to start spending a minimum of four hours a week on my Etsy shop.  I need to make time since just having time is not working out.  The four hours a week plan starts this week.  Wish me luck!

1 comment:

shari said...

I LOVE dried beans! Growing up we had pinto beans and cornbread for supper a lot. We were poor and there were three of us kids. They are still my favorite beans. Fried potatoes make a great side.
Shari in Columbus, GA