Friday, August 24, 2018

Frugal Friday

1.  I skipped grocery shopping this past week and made a menu plan for now through the end of September.  I plan to do one big shop for basics and one or two trips for perishable items.  Soon I will be able to plant lettuce again as the temperatures will continue to cool down slightly.

2.  I mentioned earlier in the week that I used an afghan for the main decoration in the social hall at church for pastor appreciation day.  For the table decorations I used items left over from Bible school.  This year's theme was sports so I saved everything that was football related.

3. I filled our trash can yet again and added a bag to my parents' since they had extra room. 


4.  I took care of a matter over the phone which saved a trip into town.  It probably saved a bit of aggravation as well.


5.  A trip to the chiropractor this week took care of my hip and shoulder problems.  It was tempting to spend the next couple of days pulling weeds since I felt so much better.  Instead I took it easy reading in my garden lounge chair while Toby played.  Sometimes being frugal means not doing much.

No comments: