Friday, August 3, 2018

Frugal Friday

I have had another busy week.


1.   I mowed yet again and am continually thankful I do not need to pay someone to do it. 


2.  I mopped the social hall at church for a wedding shower this weekend.  That will add a bit to my August check.  After VBS it was dirty.  No one came to pick up the VBS leftovers.  Before I threw everything away, I sorted out things I could use to decorate for pastor appreciation later this month.  I also set aside a pile of items to use for the Operation Christmas Child shoeboxes. 


3.  I ended up doing some grocery shopping since I was totally out of flour.  That was all I purchased though.  I made macarons to take to the shower.  I used leftover Oreo icing to fill them.  I had everything on hand so there was no out of pocket cost.


4.  I made a dish scrubby and three dish cloths for the shower gift.  I had the cotton yarn on hand.  The registry was picked over, and I knew these would be a useful gift.


5.  We went to an estate sale this past week.  The house was packed full of nice things - vintage and antique.  Most of the items were things we would never use or were a bit out of our price range.  I did find a crochet hook that I needed, two cones of cotton yarn, and a mini French press.  I gave $11 for everything.  The French press alone sells for about $18 on Amazon, and the yarn would sell for $15 each.  Everything I bought was useful.

No comments: