Monday, July 30, 2018

Weekly Goals Update: Week 30

1.  Disaster Preparedness
Week 30 was nutrition and exercise.  After this week I feel better about the nutrition side of things.  Our 12 year old nephew stayed with us for a couple of days.  He asked both W and myself about snacks.  I told him to check the refrigerator and pantry (and found out W had done the same).  Our nephew complained that all we had were fruits and vegetables.  He did eat four Oreos that were left from making the cake last week.  This time of year I get plenty of exercise in the yard and garden.  Taking Toby for walks has also increased my activity level.  My focus needs to be on strength training though.



I did find some candles on clearance to add to our emergency supplies.  These are a good size and are made of thick glass.  At just 15 cents each I could not pass them up.

2.  Makeover the Garden
I did work on weeds a bit, but we had more rain.  I do not feel I am making much progress.  I might have to give in and let W mow in between the beds.

3.  Organize Recipes
Yet again I did not work on this goal.  Winter will get here eventually.

4.  Have 13 No Spend Grocery Weeks
I bought just a few groceries this past week.  I am hoping to skip the stores this week though.

5.  Focus on Saving
My plan for August is to use up some things.  I am piles of samples and also need to work on the freezer.  I want to free up some space to do some freezer cooking.  My calendar for October to the end of the year is filling up.  Having meals in the freezer will save both time and money.

6.  Etsy Shop
I have been working on some items to add to my Etsy shop.  I just need to get those finished, photographed, and listed.

1 comment:

Rhonda said...

I like your candles. Besides emergencies, they could also be decorations for any patriotic occasion.