Friday, July 20, 2018

Frugal Friday

I am happy to be back with a thrifty doings post after a break of several weeks.

I often spend time in the garden reading while Toby and his best cat friend, Tucker, play.  I had a decent chair to sit in, but I was longing for a nice lounge chair.  While at a farmer's market/livestock sale, W ran across a metal lounge chair for just $10.  It was missing the screws, which he had, and the cushion, which we did not have.  I had planned to make one out of some fabric and old pillows.  We ended up going to some yard sales the following week and found a perfect cushion for just $5.  I am very happy with my $15 lounge chair.


I dehydrated basil and canned fig preserves.  Both the basil and figs were free from my yard.

I did not buy anything during Amazon's Prime Day sale.  I saw nothing that I needed so it was easy to just skip it.

I had car troubles earlier this month.  We were less than 5 minutes from home when my car just died.  Our neighbor let us use his car dolly, and my uncle helped Warren get it home.  Warren did the repairs himself, and the parts cost less than $40.

With all of the rain this year I have been mowing our lawn at least once a week and sometimes twice a week.  Even with the mower upkeep and fuel, I have saved a pile of money this year.


I took advantage of free shipping from Joann's to order some acrylic paint for a fall project. 


I did end up buying a few groceries.  I got super cheap cereal and discounted milk and chocolate milk.  Otherwise we have been eating from the pantry.


2 comments:

Little Penpen said...

Nice chair! enjoy! I didn't buy anything on prime day either!

Beckyathome said...

I like your chair. A $5 cushion is the best way to go. If it gets wrecked for any reason, you can just go searching for another one, and it took a lot less time than making one. It looks nice, too.