Monday, July 9, 2018

Weekly Goals Update: Week 27

1.  Disaster Preparedness
Week 27 was emergency light.  As far as my goals for this, I have added solar lights and a hand crank lantern to my list.  I am not interested in making animal fat candles, but night vision goggles would be fun but not practical for the budget.  Instead I am going to keep my eyes out for a good price on the non-battery options.  I also keep our rechargeable batteries charged up. 


2.  Makeover the Garden
I did very little in the garden last week aside from picking herbs, cucamelons, tomatoes, and peppers.  I did plant some more pumpkin seeds.  We also pulled up the cornstalks and hung them to dry.  This week I need to do some weeding and stake up the younger tomatoes.  I also need to add more area for the cantaloupe and cucamelon plants to climb.  Both are starting to crowd the tomatillo plants.  I also need to start thinking about the fall garden.


3.  Organize Recipes
Nope, it did not happen last week.  I have a full list of chores for this week and will not work on my recipe books.


4.  Have 13 No Spend Grocery Weeks
I skipped grocery shopping last week.  That brings my total to eight no spend grocery weeks.  I do need to pick up a few items this week but plan to stay well within my budget.


5.  Focus on Saving
I baked bread.  We ate leftovers.  We used items on hand for projects.  I sorted through some stuff we no longer use that can be sold.  The past two weeks were all about the little things.


6.  Etsy Store
I have opened my Etsy shop:  Chick-a-D Designs.  Unfortunately I was not able to work on any items to add to it.  That will be on my list for later this week if I get some down time.  I know it is going to take time to build it up, and I am happy to have at least gotten started.

No comments: