Saturday, July 7, 2018

Weekend Book Reviews

Murder with Cinnamon Scones by Karen Rose Smith is the second book in the Daisy's Tea Garden Mystery series.  Daisy is busy getting ready for a quilter's weekend while running her tea garden.  Her friend and employee, Tessa, is dating another local business owner who seems quite secretive.  When he is found dead, Tessa is the number one suspect.  Daisy sets out to clear Tessa's name.  The tea room setting is lovely and makes me wish I could visit the tea garden.  The characters add to the charm of this series, and I look forward to many more books.


Krista Davis' latest book in the Domestic Diva series is The Diva Cooks Up a StormSophie plans for a beach vacation seem like they will be sidelined by a hurricane, but she has a pop up dinner party to look forward to attending.  The following morning things take a drastic turn when one of the attendees ends up dead.  This same man had recently asked Sophie to help him check his food for poisons.  Now amid the aftermath of a storm, Sophie and her friends team up to solve the mystery.  I loved this southern themed mystery.  The idea of a neighborhood cookout following a storm is all so true.  I think everyone has an annoying (bossy, almost perfect) Natasha in their life.  I look forward to going back to read some of the previous books in this series.


disclosure:  I received these e-books through NetGalley but was not otherwise compensated for these reviews.  All opinions are my own!

No comments: