Saturday, July 21, 2018

Weekend Book Reviews

'Til Dice Do Us Part by Julie B Cosgrove is the fourth book in the Bunco Biddies Mystery series.  I have read the previous books in this series.  While it is not necessary, I highly recommend it.  The residents of Sunset Acres are preparing for a wedding. While decorating for the wedding shower, one of the ladies falls resulting in a trip to the ER.  She overhears a suspicious conversation that has the ladies in the middle of another mystery which threatens the wedding.  I absolutely adore this series and appreciate the subtle religious aspect.  Ms. Cosgrove has written another wonderful, entertaining book which I read in just one day!

Lena Gregory's Murder Made to Order is the second book in the All Day Breakfast Cafe Mystery series.  Gia is finally settling in to her new life in Florida with her breakfast cafe.  She discovers her cafe is in jeopardy due to a zoning regulation.  When Gia discovers the city council leader dead in the woods, she has another mystery to solve.  This book has several side plots, and the mystery had me guessing until the end.  I am already looking forward to book three in the series!

disclosure:  I received these e-books through NetGalley but was not otherwise compensated for these reviews.  All opinions are my own!

No comments: