Monday, July 23, 2018

Weekly Goals Update: Week 29

1.  Disaster Preparedness
Week 29 was charity.  I have a hard time thinking of myself as not being charitable.  For short term disasters it seems cruel to not be charitable.  Following last year's hurricane, we got power back much earlier than most people.  We opened our home up to family and friends who needed a hot meal, shower, etc.  Living in a small rural community, people are always helping out each other.  Neighbors got together with chain saws to clear roads.  Having extra items on hand to share with those in need is part of daily life.


2.  Makeover the Garden
Last week was hectic here.  W cracked two ribs in an accident in the yard which meant he could not handle mowing.  I mowed our yard yet again, and I also mowed the cemetery at our church.  Add in getting reading for Vacation Bible School, and I had no time for the garden.  The weeds are taking over so my plan this week is to work on those.


3.  Organize Recipes
I did nothing on this goal last week. 


4.  Have 13 No Spend Weeks
I planned to add another to the list last week, but I found discounted milk, chocolate milk, and cereal. 


5.  Focus on Saving
I did not purchase a single thing during Amazon's Prime Days.  I did look at the sale items, but I saw nothing that I needed or even really wanted.  Not shopping is the best way to save money!


6.  Etsy Shop
I definitely did not have time to work on this project.  I am hoping to work on it over the next couple of weeks.

1 comment:

Out My window said...

Hey you did great, sorry about the ribs that is so painful.