Wednesday, July 25, 2018

Chocolate Oreo Cake

Lindsay at Life, Love, and Sugar is my absolute favorite cake blogger.  I honestly no longer look at any other cake recipes since I started baking cakes from her recipes.  Now that W no longer has co-workers, I am looking for opportunities to try out new cake recipes.  As delicious as cake is, two people do not need an entire cake.


This past weekend we had Vacation Bible School at our church. Sunday night is always family night with hamburgers and hot dogs.  Every cookout needs desserts, and this was the perfect opportunity to try out Lindsay's Chocolate Oreo Cake.




After two full days of VBS (plus all of the time spent prepping), I did not have piles of patience to completely smooth the icing.  I still think it turned out quite nice.  W is not a big Oreo fan, but he said that the icing was good.  The cake was a hit, and I brought home an empty cake carrier.

No comments: