Wednesday, July 18, 2018

In the Garden

It has been a few weeks since I shared pictures of the garden.  The pears have really grown.  We are still on track for a wonderful harvest this year.



I was not able to get into the garden for a couple of days.  Unfortunately hornworms got into the tomatoes and peppers.  The chickens happily ate the worms I plucked off.  I only had one tomato plant that was severely damaged, but I am hoping it will sprout back out.


At least two of my mystery tomato plants are yellow pear.  These are easily my favorite tomato!


I used old tobacco stick to stake up many of my tomato plants as well as some twine.  Using what I had on hand was much cheaper than buying more tomato cages.  Most of the tomato beds resemble a jungle as the plants are so big.


The bell pepper plants are starting to produce.

I am fairly certain that these are blueberry tomatoes.  I got very few off of last year's plants, but the ones this year are loaded.


The cucamelon vines are out of control.  Next year I will plant them where they can run along the fence.


I was excited to finally spot some of the tomatillo "lanterns".  The bees have been all over these plants, and I am hoping for a good harvest.


I am thrilled at how well the raspberry plants have done this year.  They are still loaded and blooming.  We tend to just eat them fresh although I did make a jar of jam.


Stop back by tomorrow to see a few insects in my garden!

2 comments:

Out My window said...

Beautiful pear crop. I dry pears like crazy in the fall.

Tammy said...

My neighbor has a loaded pear tree as well, and invited me to help myself when they're ripe. I'm looking forward to that!