Tuesday, August 7, 2018

Weekly Goals Update: Week 31

Sorry for the late post.  Yesterday was hectic, but the rest of the week should be normal.  Fingers crossed!

1.  Disaster Preparedness
Week 31 was Inventory Management.  I do not do well in this area.  I tend to start a list but then never mark off things as I use them.  Instead I keep a chalkboard in the pantry.  As we take the last of an item, it goes onto the chalkboard.  I do my best to keep a running inventory of things we use often, but as with the flour last week it does not always work.  I definitely need to work on this one.  Do you use an inventory system?  I would love to hear what works for you.

2.  Makeover the Garden
W did mow the garden last week, and it looks much better.  I was able to do some weeding closer to the beds.  This week I plan to continue weeding, pick up the trash, and clean some of the beds out.  The cantaloupe never did anything so I will pull those plants and plant purple cabbage seeds. 

3.  Organize Recipes
No time for this last week.  This is definitely going to be a fall/winter project.

4.  Have 13 No Spend Grocery Weeks
I had planned to add one last week, but we were completely out of all-purpose flour.  I bought two bags and nothing else.  I am not doing any shopping this week though.

5.  Focus on Saving
I am planning to make do this month.  If I can get by without something, I will. 

6.  Etsy Shop
Still working on items....

No comments: