Tuesday, March 3, 2020

Back to Basics

W and I went to several Dollar Generals last week.  I got seven more backpacks to donate.  I also stocked up on cheap Valentine candy.  I give my Bible class students a small treat at the end of each class if they have followed a few rules (listen, stay in your seat, and keep your hands to yourself).  This should keep me stocked for several months.

W had a birthday.  Dinner out is not really in the budget nor are there any fabulous places to eat here.  I asked what he wanted for his meal at home.  He chose roast beef sandwiches, cheetos, and a peanut butter brownie dessert.  I also used lemon juice from the freezer to make lemonade.  He was happy, and we made two meals out of it.  
 
I planned laundry around the weather so I could dry clothes on the line.

I ordered can cat food from Amazon as it was cheaper than anywhere locally.  

I found a crochet pattern that I needed for a custom order on sale.  It will do double duty.  I needed the farm animals for a baby mobile, but the pattern also included a barn pattern.  I will make a second set of animals that are stored inside the barn.

W was working at his shop but sent me to an estate sale right down the road from our house.  He wanted vases for flower arrangements at the church.  I found two and spent just $25.  


No comments: