Monday, March 23, 2020

Goals Update Week 12

I did not mean to take a break from blogging.  I ended up getting a pile of Etsy orders as well as a rush local order.  I did nothing but work for over a week.  I finally have things under control for a bit.  It was hectic, but I am very thankful for the orders.

1.  Save all of our Change for the Year

Shopping is pretty minimal right now.  I did pick up a few things and ran out earlier today to grab a couple of things for my parents.  Otherwise we are staying at home.  I do not expect to have much change to add to the jar over the next month at least. 

2.  Plan Ahead for My Business

I did end up leaving the shop.  I am selling plenty of stuff through my Facebook page as well as on Etsy.  The shop was just not getting enough foot traffic, and that is not going to improve with the current world situation.  It was silly to keep pouring money into something that was not working.

The farmers' markets are currently not an option due to local restrictions.  My focus instead is on filling the direct orders I am getting and adding more items to my Etsy shop.  I am also going to make up items for the farmers' markets/craft shows when those reopen. 

3.  Use the Dehydrator More

Ummm...nope, not yet.  I still need to get started with the fruit leather.  I want to work on the garden this week so that I have herbs and vegetables to dry later this year.

No comments: