Sunday, March 1, 2020

Sunday Book Reviews

The 5-Ingredient  Fresh & Easy Cookbook offers over 90 recipes for busy cooks.  My favorite part of this book is that it included a short list of easy to find ingredients along with simple preparation steps.  The recipes also include tips and/or ingredient swaps.  This cookbook is definitely geared toward those who are interested in avoiding processed foods while not spending all day in the kitchen.  I marked several that I felt my family would enjoy which is always a sign of a good cookbook.  I look forward to putting it to good use!

Fresh Flavors for the Slow Cooker promises reinvented meals.  Some of the recipes included ingredients geared toward less than adventurous eaters.  I found many of them had multiple steps.  When I think of slow cooker meals, I want to use mainly just the slow cooker.  I do not mind a few recipes with prep work, but these recipes just do not fit in with my life at present.  That does not make it a bad cookbook.  It is simply not what I need at this point in time.

disclosure:  I received these e-books through NetGalley but was not otherwise compensated for these reviews.  All opinions are my own!

No comments: