Monday, March 30, 2020

Monday & Goals Update

Monday.....I am not going to get into the panic portion of what is going on in the world.  There is more than enough of that to go around.  Today let's focus on some positive things.

W had to run a few quick errands - bank deposit, pick up parts to fix vehicles, get animal feed.  He made a quick stop at the grocery store spending less than $9.  I wanted a couple of fill in items to stretch our pantry.  He noted that the store was still stocked overall.

Many of my favorite pattern designers on Etsy had 50% off sales over the weekend.  I ordered a few in an effort to support other small businesses.  I also have a huge amount of yarn so this will give me some variety of items to make over the next month.  I am focused on stocking up for when things are more normal, and they will be more normal.

The weather has been nice and I have gotten a start on the garden.  There is not much to show yet since it is mostly bare beds with seeds not yet sprouted.  I will try to do a post later in the week as I plant more things.  Several people have noted that this could have happened in the middle of winter rather than the start of spring.  While there is no good time, winter to me is more depressing than the early spring days.

Goals Update

1.  Save All of Our Change for the Year
Shopping is at a minimum so not much change going into the jar for now.

2.  Plan Ahead for My Business
I am thankful to still be getting orders and for having a list of local orders to wok on.  As I mentioned earlier, my plan for April is to work and make as many items as I can using yarn that I already have.  I am excited to try some new projects and may even work on a thing or two for myself.

3.  Use the Dehydrator More
I have taken two bags of peaches from the freezer.  I am letting them thaw so I can drain off the extra juice.  That will go into my hippie herbal fruit drink.  Then I will puree the peaches for fruit leather.  I expect it will take a bit of trial and error to get it right. 

No comments: