Friday, April 20, 2012

Homemade Bread

I have been busy this week restocking the freezer with homemade bread.  On Monday I baked three items using the bread machines and Kitchen Aid to mix the doughs.  We love homemade bread, and I find it quite easy to make since I have the time at home.  I cannot imagine doing all of this and working outside the home.  Since I am a housewife, baker falls under my job description.

First I made a dozen hamburger buns or sandwich rolls as we use them for other types of sandwiches.  These have some whole wheat flour in addition to the bread flour.

Then I mixed up the dough for sandwich bread using the Kitchen Aid.  The bread loaves are made with only bread flour as my husband refuses any whole wheat near his PB&J. 

Finally I made hot dog buns or rather New England hot dog buns.  They are different than what you would buy in the stores here in the south.  They are delicious.  I made them for a family cookout Easter weekend. 

I used this pan which I purchased from Amazon using a gift card earned from doing surveys.  I was pleased with the purchase.  The pan is heavy duty and the bread just falls out after baking.  It can also be used with a cake mix to make a dessert.  I will be trying that soon.

1 comment:

terricheney said...

I am curious about that hot dog bun pan. I have done the handformed buns and was not particularly happy with them since some were way too big and others too small.

Makes me want to put bread on in the morning. Thanks for giving me incentive, lol.