Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Weekly Menu

I am struggling to get back into the habit of making a weekly menu.  I know it helps me make better use of the food we have on hand.  This time of year I tend to get busy outside and suddenly it is 7pm.  Having a meal already planned or started keeps me sane.  I am back to working my menu on a Wednesday through Tuesday plan.  It feels nice to start the week off with a plan. I need to purchase very few groceries for this week's meals so I will use my grocery money to stock up on a few sale items.  Here is what we are having this week.

Today: crab egg salad sandwiches - I hate plain egg salad but like it with a can of crab meat mixed it.  Our chickens are laying a bunch of eggs so we need to eat more eggs.

Thursday:  deli chicken, macaroni & cheese, peas, crescent rolls - The chicken is on sale and I have a coupon which makes it even better.  I am making a big pot of macaroni & cheese today.  I will keep some out for tomorrow and the rest will go in to the freezer. 

Friday: French dip sandwiches - I am trying out a new recipe for these.  I will make the French bread.

Saturday:  Family cookout - I am taking lemonade, chips, and a veggie tray.

Sunday:  Leftovers - I know we will have leftovers from Friday so we will finish that up on Sunday.

Monday:  Fish sandwiches  - Some Monday nights my husband is not hungry.  I have learned to plan a meal that can be pulled straight from the freezer or that is super easy to prepare (sandwiches, big salad). 

Tuesday:  pork & beans with hot dogs & au gratin potatoes - I am going to make my own pork & beans so hopefully it turns out well.  The au grain potatoes are also from scratch.

No comments: