Monday, April 23, 2012

How Homemade Gatorade Saved the Day

Last Monday night at 11:30 pm I had finished cleaning the kitchen.  I know that is late, but I am a night owl.  Anyway, I wanted to try a recipe for homemade Gatorade from Mom on a Mission.  I mixed up a batch and opened the freezer portion of the refrigerator to get some ice.  I found half ice cubes floating in water.  I realized in a panic that the freezer was not as cold as it should be.  I opened the fridge side and found the same thing.  Then I realized that it was not running at all.  Major panic set in at that point. 

I grabbed a laundry basket and started tossing things from the freezer into it.  All of that was stuffed in the large chest freezer in the laundry room.  Next was the refrigerated stuff.  I knew no one that was awake that late or had room even if they were.  Then I remembered the refrigerator at my church's youth center.  It is always empty, and the youth center is very close to my house. 

Thankfully I only lost a few items, and even better the refrigerator was repaired with a $30 part.  As a bonus, it is extremely cleaned and organized now. 

The homemade Gatorade was delicious.  I decreased with amount of sugar a bit on the second batch.  I drive my husband crazy with the fact that I barely use any sugar in tea.  Now he can have sweeter tea, and I will drink my homemade concoction.  If not for the homemade Gatorade, the refrigerator would have set unworking all night, and I would have had a nasty surprise in the morning.  That is how homemade Gatorade saved the day!

No comments: