Friday, April 13, 2012

Succulents

I adore succulents.  Not only are they cool looking.  They are also tough plants.  They do not mind hot, dry, humid summer weather.  I saw a succulent dish garden  on Pinterest.  I knew I wanted one.  I had the succulents courtesy of a friend.  I found a shallow dish in the form of a plastic pot bottom turned bird feeder that the birds never liked.  It had been sitting in a corner of the yard.  I was happy to find a good use for it.  Since it already had holes drilled in the bottom, I only needed to add the dirt, plants, and rocks. 


Mine is not as full as the example.  I think that is a good excuse to go shopping for a few more succulents.  Don't you agree?

1 comment:

Lorita said...

I agree! Go shopping. I enjoy those plants too, but here I do not have the space for more plants.