Monday, February 15, 2016

Weekly Savings

This past week felt hectic simply because we had so much going on.

W and I decorated our church social hall for the Valentine's banquet.  I will share pictures of that tomorrow.  We used some things we had on hand and purchased some items that are reusable another year.

I combined my grocery shopping with a teaching job to cut out an extra trip to town.  The grocery store was on the way home from my job.

Once again we worked on eating foods we have on hand.  My goal for this coming week is to eat from the freezer.  We also ate up all of the leftovers.  It helps that W is on board with this.

I dried all of the laundry on the outside clothesline or on drying racks in the house.

I pulled weeds out of some containers in the greenhouse.  These went to the rabbits, ducks, and chickens as a treat.

We sold some of our rabbits.  That is always hard for me to do.  We are raising rabbits, which means we need to sell some from time to time.

I gave myself a manicure using nail polish I already had.

I think the main thing this week was to skip out on any extra shopping.  I just need to keep it up!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Great job! Sounds like you had a busy week.

Anonymous said...

It is always satisfying to combine errands! The nice thing is that you probably earned enough at your job to pay for the errand, gas, and probably even the groceries. I love looking at it that way!

It's good you were able to see some of the rabbits, even though it is hard, if that's what you are raising them for. The good news is that, they are rabbits. You will probably have lots more before long:) (But I know what you are saying--you've cared for those rabbits and feel attached) It will probably make them much nicer for the people who bought them.