Saturday, September 17, 2016

Weekend Book Reviews

Harley Rotbart's lastest book is Miracles We Have Seen:  America's Leading Physicians Share Stories They Can't Forget.  The book is full of short stories of medical miracles witnessed by physicians.  The book is certainly inspiring.  I like that it was easy to read when I only had a bit of free time.  Some of the stories seemed to be lacking in emotion and were told more in medical facts.  While the book has one author, the story tellers are varied so the story styles are varied as well.  The book was good but not necessarily one of my favorites due to the varied styles.

Let me start this review by saying that I almost never review a book that I have not finished.  I could not bring myself to get to the end of The Curse of the Bridal Chamber by Hunter Murphy though.  I was completely shocked that Mr. Murphy is from the South.  I do not know any decent southerners who act like the characters in this book, and I definitely do not know any who talk the way these characters did.  The story line never developed enough for me, and I read half of the book.  The descriptions dragged on and on.  Characters who met minutes earlier were depicted as if they had known each other for years.  The best part of this book was Goose, the dog.

disclosure:  I received these e-books from NetGalley but was not otherwise compensated for this review.  All opinions are my own!

No comments: