Sunday, September 4, 2016

Weekend Book Reviews

The Room with the Second Best View by Virginia Smith is book three in the Tales from Goose Creek B&B series.  This book falls under religious fiction.  Millie and Al have a chance at a trial run of their bed and breakfast with some very unusual characters.  While I have not read any of the previous books, I was not lost at all.  It easily stands on its own.  The small town charm of Goose Creek and the residents left me wanting more.  It was nice to read a good clean book with an engaging story.  If you are looking to escape for a bit, this is the perfect book!

Tim LaHaye is a name familiar to all fans of the Left Behind series.  His latest book, Who Will Face the Tribulation?, takes the fictional characters back out of the tribulation.  This book was really two sections.  The first section dealt strictly with the Biblical basis for the pre-tribulation rapture and then the tribulation itself.  I found this half very interesting.  It dealt with scripture.  The second half of the book was focused on the individuals who had written about the pre-tribulation rapture.  As in depth as it was, I failed to see where this has any bearing on the timing of the rapture.  Overall the book was good but could have been much better.  I expected to read an entire book based on scriptural facts rather than half a book of biographies of individuals.

disclosure:  I received this e-book from NetGalley but was not otherwise compensated for this review.  All opinions are my own!

No comments: