Thursday, May 4, 2017

52 New Recipes Weeks 17 & 18

My new recipe for week 17 dish is strawberry crisp.  The strawberries have done very well this year.  I put a bunch in the freezer and made a pie one week.  W is not a fan of strawberry pie so I thought I would try a crisp.  I followed the recipe for the most part.  It had the right amount of sweetness and was easy to mix together.  I did not measure the strawberries but did enough to fill the pan.  I have tried a few recipes for strawberry crisp in the past, but this will be my go to recipe.  Aside from the time spent prepping the strawberries, it is a quick dessert.


For week 18 I made Spicy Chipotle-Lime Hummus.  I like hummus and have only ever eaten homemade.  W thinks regular hummus is a bit bland.  Since he is a fan of chipotle, I thought this recipe would be perfect.  I skipped the coriander and went a bit lighter on the lime juice.  This is definitely a spicy hummus.  If you are not a fan of spicy foods, adding half of the chipotle would be a better option.  We ate it with pretzels.  I also used it when making some quesadillas.

No comments: