Wednesday, May 3, 2017

In the Garden

I am trying to get back on track with posting.  Over the past two weeks I have mainly been working on maintenance in the garden.  I have pulled some weeds and watered daily due to the lack of rain here.  I have also pulled poison ivy and oak from the yard.  W is highly allergic, but it does not affect me at all.  I never wear gloves or anything.  That makes me and W a good pair.

I snapped a few pictures earlier this week.  The bee balm is starting to bloom.  I had no idea how much it would spread.  I have some plants to move into my bee/butterfly garden.


The herbs around the chicken house are holding their own.  Someone found one of the mint plants.  It had gotten so big that the snacking barely had an effect.



Zucchini


Cucumbers


Cantaloupe


The jalapeno plant left from last year already has some good sized peppers.


I had several radish plants that never made radishes.  I am letting them go to seed before I feed the plants to the animals.


What is happening in your garden?

No comments: