Monday, May 1, 2017

2017 Goals Update Week 18

1.  Completely Finish the New House & Update Property
This week W put the molding around the hallway side of the aquarium.  He also finished the molding around the living room and kitchen windows.  He put down baseboard molding in the hallway.  A few small projects each week will have this goal wrapped up.



2.  Plan Ahead for Birthday & Holiday Gifts
W and I need to discuss amounts for graduation gifts.  We lean toward to gifting money.  It seems to be the normal for our area.

3.  Use the Garden to Be More Self-Sufficient
I did not dry chamomile or mint last week.  I did use herbs from the garden for cooking.  I planted fennel seed, dill seed, and basil seed.  The first round of dill and basil did not come up.  I think the pumpkin seeds will have to be replanted as well.  I need to order new ones though.

4.  Take One Class a Month
I am continuing with the succulent class.  I have gotten into the arrangement portion and am learning quite a bit.  I do need to look into getting a collection of succulents.  I am thinking the most cost effective way will be cuttings.  Fortunately the class offers some sources for these.

5.  Pack Operation Christmas Child Shoeboxes on a Budget
I am working on wash cloths and have 45 left to make.

6.  Boost Savings
A few necessary expenses this past week but a hamper on savings.  I would love to make this a no or at least low spend week.  After three trips to town last week, I will be happy to stay close to home this week.

1 comment:

terricheney said...

Both of the finished projects look very nice.