Thursday, January 3, 2019

Feathered Friends

With the warmer weather this week I was able to get some pictures of some of the feathered animals on our little farm.  The peafowl are doing really well.  The oldest peacock has a lovely full set of feathers, but he never shows off when I have the camera handy.

This is one of the younger peacocks.

One of the peahens

The quail like to nest in the corners.


They are always eager for a chance at a treat though.

The turkeys happily pose every time I have the camera in my hand.






All of these feathered animals have become more like pets.  It amazes me to see how they get used to not only me but the cats and Toby.  They have such individual personalities as well. 

2 comments:

Susan in SC said...

I love your bird pictures!

Tammy said...

I love birds, too.
Are the peacocks just for fun? I expect they help keep bugs down as well, but otherwise they're not a food source, right?
We'd love to have peacocks running around. They have them at the zoos, but they're not native here. In Florida we got a kick out of them just hanging out on the street corners.