Tuesday, January 8, 2019

January Grocery Shopping

Even though I am doing a pantry challenge I knew that I would need to purchase a few items.  Since my goal is to save as much of my January grocery budget as possible, I stuck to necessities.  The money I save will go toward purchasing my garden seeds for spring.




First stop:
half gallon half & half - $4.69
feta cheese - $2.59


Second stop:
cream of mushroom soup - $0.49
2lb carrots - $1.49
1lb cheddar cheese - $3.29
8oz Colby cheese - $1.69
8oz mozzarella cheese  - $1.69
half gallon buttermilk - $2.49
16 oz sour cream - $0.99


Total for both with tax:  $20.19


I am going to round down to $20 since I had the change in my wallet.  That leaves me $100.  I have no plans to shop next week and minimal plans for shopping at the end of the month.


My mom gave me broccoli from her garden which explains some of my purchases - half & half, cheddar cheese, and feta.  I plan to make a broccoli salad and broccoli cheese soup.  The buttermilk and sour cream will be used in several dishes.  I will update on Monday with our meals for the week.

1 comment:

Rhonda said...

Good for you Dawn! I’ve thought about going back to the store but haven’t.
Like you, I’m hoping to use up and to spend very little on groceries in January