Thursday, January 17, 2019

In the Garden

I guess technically this should be titled "in the house - for the garden".  We have had some frost and the threat of a hard freeze later in the week.  I did spend a bit of time pulling a few weeds and cutting back the herbs  The rabbits are happy since they have been eating basil, lemon balm, and raspberry leaves this week.






Inside I have started some pepper and eggplant seeds in peat pellets. Both seem to take forever to sprout and grow.  I have an under cabinet led light which is what I set the seed tray beneath.  I need to order another bag of the peat pellets so I can start some jalapeno seeds.  I like to give myself 12 weeks before the outside planting date on peppers and eggplants. 


This year I cannot plant outside until Easter which this year is April 21.  That is part old wives tale and part common sense based on past experiences.  We tend to always get a cold snap at Easter no matter how late it is. 

No comments: