Monday, January 7, 2019

January Goals Update

1.  Set Up a Routine
I think the routine will be a work in progress.  I typed up a list of things that need to be done daily:  changing dish towels, sweeping the house, wiping down counters, etc.  Then I assigned a day to each room of the house.  I divided the extra cleaning chores over four weeks.  We are doing much better at keeping the house clean.  I find that I have more time to work on crochet projects and some time to read in the evenings.  I think we are off to a good start.

2.  Pantry/Freezer Challenge
I decided to keep up with what we eat each day since I know I cannot remember back a day or two. 


Wednesday:  I had pound cake, and W ate cereal for breakfast.  For dinner (lunch) we had chicken tenders and French fries.  Supper was leftovers.


Thursday:  Breakfast was the same.  For dinner (lunch) we had a homemade hamburger pasta dish.  Supper was leftover waffles, sausage, and bacon.  The remaining leftovers of that went into the freezer.


Friday:  I had cake for breakfast, and W ate eggs and toast.  Dinner was ham sandwiches and chips.  Supper was homemade tomato soup.

Saturday:  I took the ham that was left and served it with tomato gravy and rice and some peas.  Supper was a frozen pizza.

Sunday:  We ate dinner with my parents and just snacked for supper.


3.  Plan the Garden
We had a slight change of plans on the raised beds after I showed W this post from Rural Revolution.  Living in farm country means old tractor tires are plentiful and free.  This year free is very good. 

My main to do for the first week of January was to make a list of everything I wanted to grow.  I already have some seeds while others will need to be ordered.  I thought it would be better to share my plans as a separate garden post.  Check back on Wednesday for that!

No comments: