Tuesday, January 1, 2019

2019 Goals

I opted to change things up for 2019.  Rather than doing year long goals I am going to focus on monthly goals.  On the first of each month I will share three to four goals for the month.  Some may carryover into the following month.  I think this will be more relevant to my life as it is now. I hope you will join me in this new adventure.  Now on to January's goals....

1.  Set Up a Routine
After everything that happened with W's job last year, we basically took the rest of the year off.  We worked and did things, but we kept things from being too structured.  Now we both feel the need a set routine or at least as much as possible.  I need a morning and evening routine and a daily checklist for keeping the household under control.

2. Pantry/Freezer Challenge
Our pantry and freezers are out of control.  I want to spend as little as possible at the grocery store this month and eat from what we have on hand.  I do not have any set in stones rules for this.  My goal is to save as much of my January grocery budget as possible.

3.  Plan the Garden
I want to make better use of the garden area this year.  I say that every single year, but this is the year to put it into hard practice.  Rather than trying to pack as much into the space as possible, I am going with quality over quantity.  I plan to take my grocery savings to fund my garden which gives me extra incentive to save. 

That should be more than enough to keep my busy during the month.  I will posts updates on my progress on Mondays.  Are you making goals for the month or year?  I would love to know what your plans are!

No comments: