Wednesday, February 19, 2020

Back to Basics & I Remembered

I did some bargain shopping this week.  I bought backpacks at 70% to donate to our church.  I got over $60 worth of backpacks for less than $20.  We are a small church so it helps to stretch every dollar.

I also bought some planner stickers, pens, etc at the same sale to give to my "sister" in the secret sister program at church.  I think all of her gifts except one have come from clearance sections.  I have heard through the grapevine that she has loved everything which proves you do not need to spend a ton of money on a gift.

I used water from the aquarium to fertilize my seedlings again.

The rabbits have been eating vegetable scraps or things scavenged from the yard.  We do not spray anything so they get to eat organic.

I won a book and tennis ball in an Instagram giveaway.  I really just wanted the tennis ball for Toby.  I do not read romance novels so I gave the book to my mom.


Many of my nieces and nephews no longer live close to use.  Rather than buying a gift and then paying for shipping, I find something on Amazon Prime that they will like and have it shipped free.

I did remember what I thought my third goal should be - use my dehydrator more.  This is something that is easy to do if I just push myself a bit.  I want to get out of my comfort zone and dehydrate some new things.  I also want to make better use of dehydrating herbs and excess garden produce which will be a money saver.  

No comments: