Friday, February 14, 2020

Grocery Spending Weeks 5 & 6

I went a bit overboard during the last two weeks with my shopping.  We were out of fresh produce.  I am dreaming of spring when I can just get that stuff from the backyard rather than buying it at the store.  I also added in some quick meal items.  Overall it is not horrible, and I should be able to avoid the grocery stores next week.  Many of this week's meals will provide leftovers for the freezer too.

Week 5
pineapple juice (wonderful for sinus congestion)
apples
avocado
hamburger
broccoli
cabbage
carrots
cheese
Italian seasoning mix
egg rolls
lettuce
grape tomatoes

Total $35.27

I appreciate being able to buy fresh produce, but I really, really want to have our greenhouse and hydroponics set up before next winter.

Week 6
half & half
potatoes
bread
pepperoni
sub rolls (I have yet to find a good homemade sub roll recipe.  Anyone have one to share?0
butter
pretzels
cream of mushroom and chicken soups
creamed corn
crushed tomatoes
refried beans
ketchup
cheese
mushrooms
oatmeal
bell pepper
jam
lunch meat
pickles
tortilla chips (I found tomatillo salsa in the freezer)

Total $64.54

I will have to watch the spending for the rest of the month, but I know I have more than two weeks worth of meals out of today's purchases.

January Total:  80.41
February Total:  99.87

No comments: