Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Bulk Purchase and Grocery Challenge Menu

I made a bulk purchase yesterday - the box of peaches shown here.  A few will be for eating fresh.  Most will be put in the freezer for making jam.  These peaches were purchased directly from a peach farm and are wonderful quality.  I paid $14 for the box, and the money came from my extra grocery savings.

I thought I would share a more accurate menu of what we are eating while on the $25/week grocery challenge.  With the low amount of spending, I am focusing on using what we have in the pantry.  Lunch today will be crab egg salad sandwiches and chips.  The meal consists of canned crab from the pantry, eggs from our chickens, and homemade bread.  The chips were leftovers from a church event.  Supper will be spaghetti, salad and breadsticks.  I need to use up some very ripe tomatoes and will make a fresh pasta sauce of tomatoes, garlic, onion, mushrooms (from freezer), and peppers.  We have lettuce in the refrigerator, and I will make the breadsticks.

2 comments:

Susan in SC said...

The peaches are beautiful! I can just taste them now!!

Lilac Dreams said...

I wish I could find some peaches like that!! Enjoy your jam when you make it