Thursday, January 1, 2015

Happy 2015 - Southern Style

In the south we have certain superstitions traditions.  One of those is not doing laundry even though it is sunny with clouds/rain on the way.  I suspect this might have been a weary housewife's way of getting a day off.  Nevertheless in my corner of the world, it just is not done.

We do however eat collard greens (for money), black eyed peas (for luck), and cornbread (goes well with the previous two).    I only recently started eating collards which are best if frost falls on them.

I plan to spend some time over the next two days working on plans for 2015.  I want to make some weekly and monthly goals.  I will be sharing more of those next week.  I will start my first week of 2015 on January 4 which gives me a few days to plan.  I am off to make some lists - one of my favorite things!

2 comments:

Angela said...

Just finished our meal of collards, black-eyed peas, cornbread and we always eat pork of some kind too. Yum!!! Happy New Year! Angela

terricheney said...

Granny always told me that sweet potatoes and collards were best after frosty weather had touched them.