Monday, January 5, 2015

Weekly and Yearly Goals

Let's start with the yearly goals since I only have two main ones.  The first is to start building our new house.  We have been saving for the past several years, and the time is finally here.  That leads me to goal number two - save as much money as possible.  We will not be taking out a mortgage.  The house will be built as we have the money.  The more we can save the faster we can finish.  I plan to blog about the process and hope you will follow along.

Weekly Goals - I guess these should really be weekly/monthly goals.

I am going to be working on small changes each week with inspiration from 52 Small Changes.  This week I will be drinking more water.  This is a definite need for me.

I am also following along with Spring Cleaning 365 which offers quick daily tasks.  The first one is to choose an area to organize.  I plan to work on the pantry.  Want a peek at the before?

It is just an unorganized mess.  I have pulled stuff out without returning it to the proper place. I do need to get rid of some stuff too.  This goes along with my next goal.

I am doing a modified pantry challenge.  My goal is to spend no more than $25 a week on groceries.  This will give me some money to stock up on things later.  Organizing the pantry will help me see what I need to use.

A few odd and ends include:  planting cabbage seeds, spending at least half an hour on Operation Christmas Child shoeboxes, and working on handmade cards.

That should be more than enough to keep me busy with all of my regular chores.  What are your plans for this week?

2 comments:

Mantelilaakson Susanna said...

Wow, it sounds great!
I can't wait to see the progress!
And very clever to use money like that!
Happy New Year 2015!

terricheney said...

I am so excited for you to get to start on the new house! In the meantime, life must proceed hadn't it?